Product pictures are a hit these days, every blogger take them and sometimes brand themselves do it, and instead of making a model wear it. Some other bloggers take it for the blogging tips post like me. And some people do it just for fun, like me. The thing is, sometimes you see a great picture on Instagram or taken by your favorite blog and you ask yourself how do they do it? How do all of the bloggers have a white background, is it a coincident or are they doing it on purpose? I know I asked myself these questions before I knew a couple of tips that really helped me up my bird’s view pictures and right now I enjoy taking photos for stuff lying around, when I am bored.
My photos might not be the best photos for these kind of pictures, but here are two things, first I think they are pretty good considering they are taken by a mobile phone camera and second thing I am really proud of how they turned out to be. That is why I decide to write this post, so it can help those who are in need to produce these pictures for your blog or Instagram account or if you are simply into photography and want to develop your skills a little bit.
1. If you don’t have a white marble or table or floor in your house, don’t worry I don’t too. A very easy way to get the effect of these background is by buying a white cartoon from any art shop near you.
2. Stand near a window especially on the spot where you notice that most of the light falls into. Make sure that the light is falling on the object you are taking your photos for.
3. Put your phone or your camera over the object and make sure you are holding it on a shoulder length and the camera is not pointing upward or downward, just straight ahead.
4. If you notice that the best pictures you see for this kind of act are always in odd number. So if you are shooting two products together, add a third item or accessories it will make it look better. I don’t really know why, but I am pretty sure there is a study that has been done somewhere by somebody.
5. Finally, like any other picture, you would want to have a theme for it that all the item in your pictures is falling right into it. In the above picture I wanted a blogging tips shot, so I added my laptop, my cup of coffee and an Oreo cookie. As you see they are all falling in the theme together. Some people would add notebooks and pencils or if they are taking about make up you would find makeup lying around.
These are my tips for taking pictures for your products or taking item pictures for your blog, do you have any tips, I would really love to know about them.
Don't forget to Follow to get the latest posts delivered to you.