“YOUR HAPPINESS STARTS WITH YOU. FIND PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF.”
You know, being cute while you are short, is a bad thing, but you know what’s worth? Being cute, short and having an immature voice. People never guess my age correctly. When I was fifteen, one my colleagues thought I am still ten. When I am twenty and nearly twenty one I am mistaken for seventeen. I think it will be a good thing when I grow up, but right now I just want people to take me more seriously. I guess I can’t control my height situation and I will always be the same height of a ten year’s old self. But I can control how I do sound like. So as usual I have done some research and tried them and the result was incredible that I wanted to share with you. Some of these advice are from online, some from my mother and some from observing and trying it myself.
When I started my search I wrote down what mature people sound like. They sound composed, grounded, deep and in control of the situation. They have their own voice that is filled with gravity. So these were the things I was looking for to achieve and have in the way I talk in.
- · TAKE A DEEP BREATH BEFORE YOU SPEAK: This will help in two ways. The first it will give you time to think about what you will say. The second it will actually help your voice to sound deeper and more grounded.
- · INCREASE YOUR VOCABULARY: This advice I observed while watching a TV program. The presenter is considered my rule model when it comes to speaking. I kept watching her and observing what made her sound so mature and I found that she had a very vast vocabulary. She once had an actress and the actress literally said two words to describe everything and everyone the entire interview, which was I love it/him/her and beautiful. While the presenter kept illustrating for the actress why would she love them, because they are funny, great, deep, passionate and more words. I found out that if you have more vocabulary then you will sound more mature. You can read, or watch a lot of TV and things like this.
- · SPEAK IN A CLEAR TUNE: You don’t have to speak loudly to sound mature. Actually if you noticed, you will find that mature people speak in a moderate tune, one that you can hear, but won’t get a headache from. Speaking in a hushed voice will make you sound shy and childish, but if you spoke in a clear tune you will sound mature. Try practice it at home and with your close friends.
- · DON’T FAKE IT: Never fake your way in speaking in order to impress yourself. Don’t try to sound more feminine or more cute or even happy or sad or mad. Sound in control of the situation.
- · BE SERIOUS: You don’t have to sound serious all the time, but if someone spoke to you in a serious manner and you made a joke with him, you will sound really immature, so try to be serious at serious time and be funny and fun times.
All these tips required an enormous time to practice and be fluent in. It is the same as learning a new language. It is hard at first, but it will get you somewhere if you wanted. In the end I would really love to say, you only need to sound mature if you want to, if you don’t want to change, then fine. Being yourself is great. I totally love it.
How about you? Do you have any advice in how to talk in a mature way? If so, please leave it in the comment section and I would love to read it. Thanks.
I would really love to know what you think of this post in the comments down below. Till next time, bye. .
If you liked these tips and this post, please don’t forget to follow me on BLOGLOVIN’ , PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM