“THIS ME. ACCEPT ME OR NOT. THE CHOICE IS YOURS. I AM HAPPIER EITHER WAY”
I am so happy today. Today is not just another blogging tips from me that I have got from my experience. Today, I am bringing another great blogger to tell us all about her experience in the blogging world, her inspiration and her advice to all of us. Today I will be interviewing LORY from LORY’S BEAUTY CORNER. But wait no, we won’t have an interview, but we will be chatting together and I’ll be knowing her better and you too guys. Please make sure you go and check her blogLORY’S BEAUTY CORNER to enjoy perfect fashionable wearable looks.
Hello LORY, thanks for doing this chat with me. I was so happy when I saw your email that you accepted it. I won’t take so much from your time, so let’s right jump into it.
Why don’t you tell us more about your blog?
First of all hi everybody! I’m so happy to be here :D
My blog is called Lory’s Beauty Corner. I know it’s a bit ordinary as a name for a beauty blog, but it was the only name that I came up with :D I’ve always been a bit uncertain about this name and I thought so many times to change it .. that’s because it’s not just about beauty, it’s about me and my life and what I love. I love beauty related things the most, but I love also a lot of other things like photography or books.. Anyway I agree that it’s a corner, a little corner of mine in the web, in which you can find my thoughts, my passions; it’s not just a blog, it’s like a place where I almost take a coffee and chat with friends. I love to see it this way, not just as a inhuman thing.
How long have you been blogging?
I had my first blog when I was 14/15 but it was strictly personal and not beauty related. I just wrote thoughts and stuff. After few years I just stopped writing in there without a reason. The blog Lory’s Beauty Corner instead is really young :D I opened it this year in February.
MY GOSH, I HAVE STARTED MY BLOG IN JANURARY THIS YEAR, SO IF WE WERE IN SCHOOL WE WOULD HAVE BEEN CLASSMATES.
What inspired you to start LORY’S BEAUTY CORNER?
Starting from 2015 I really was into make up! First of all I started publishing beauty related content in my Instagram, but it was too impersonal. I was thinking a lot about opening a blog, but I don’t know why, I wait till February 2016 to do that. In February I was talking to this great girl, now a friend of mine, and she said “C’mon! Open it! Try!” One day I woke up and I decided to do it.
What was the hardest step in starting a blog?
I was very insecure about it during all 2015. It took more than a year to finally decide to open this blog. That was because I didn’t think I was up to it. I thought that if you run a blog, you need to have some specific skills. I thought that I wasn’t smart enough to make reviews or to create interesting content. I know that’s strange but I thought I wasn’t capable of doing such a thing. The help and the encouragement I get from my friend was everything.
I have interviewed a lot of bloggers and they all said similar thing and I am saying the same thing, the hardest thing about starting a blog is taking the step to start it in the first place.
What is the thing that you enjoy the most in blogging?
Talking with my followers and answering their questions! I love to chat with them, even if it’s just trough comments. They’re all so cute and kind with me, they’re so supportive and it makes me feel happy to read all their super cute comments!
What is the thing you enjoy the least in blogging?
Taking pictures. Hahahah maybe it sounds weird. I love photography more than everything else in the world but taking photos for my blog is just not for me. Where I live the light is so bad and I don’t have a setting that I like. Every time it takes forever to take a photo!
My problem too. I have tried to take some pictures for my blog, but my house is not with good lighting so it is really hard. I only succeed in taking my own pictures is when I am away.
Do you take your own pictures, or do you use a professional photographer? If you take your own pictures what camera do you use and what program do you use to edit your pictures?
I took my own pictures, with my phone (Huawei P8 Lite) or with my camera (Fujifilm Finepix S2100HD). I usually don’t edit them.. But when I do, I just add some text to the photo or I modify the brightness. With my phone I use Pixlr or PhotoEditor to create collages; when I take them with my camera I use Gimp or Photoshop in my laptop, even if I’m not a great fan of “photoshopping” things.
Who is your blogging rule model?
I love Alice Marrolo’s Ameen Anil blog. It’s about photography. And I love Giuliana’s Makeupdelight blog for beauty tips!
Can you tell us what captures you the most in other blogs? Like what do you like the most about the blogs you follow, so we can take care of those details that captures other bloggers?
I love the personal style of writing that everyone has. And I love so much the photos! Sometimes I just stare at them and ask myself “Why can’t I take pics like these?” I also love minimal blogs, the most intuitive ones.
Where do you want to see your blog after a year?
I really don’t know! I just hope that people continue to support me and my work! It would be great to hit 500 followers too, we will see if it will come true. I just really hope that people that are following me right now continue enjoying my content and my blog J
I would like to know how you manage your blog with working/studying and in the same time having personal/social time?
When I started the blog back in February I just have few exams left. It was a bit difficult to manage studying and the blog activities but I did it. Right now I’m working at my thesis so it’s easier to manage my blog. That’s why few months ago I posted just 3 times a week, while right now I’m posting almost every day. Anyway I do the blog stuff in the morning, right after I woke up J It takes like one hour and a half. When I’ve finished I have the rest of my day for myself and for other thingsJ
I know that I want to know and everyone else would also want to know, what are the five advices do you give to those who want to start a blog?
1) Be always honest. Honesty is one of the most important thing in life and it’s always the most important for the blog, especially making reviews. People see when you’re being honest or not, and if you’re not, people won’t trust your blog and your reviews.
2) Be always humble. Followers are the second important thing in a blog. I mean, it’s not important to have 1 billion followers, it’s important to keep in touch with them, to read their blog, to share your opinions with them even if they’re not 1 billion. I personally think that without them my blog wouldn’t exist at all.
3) The third advice is related to the graphics of the blog, but it’s just a personal opinion. I think that maybe having a more minimal blog, with few things, it’s better. I follow some blogs that when I open them I feel so relaxed hahah :D Sometimes instead I follow some blog in which I love the content but the graphics are really distracting or not so intuitive. In my opinion maybe having a simple, minimal blog is better for the readers.
4) Don’t be scared to tell what you think and be confident! Your experience with products is the key to write a great review! If sometimes everybody is freaking out about a product but you don’t like it, just tell it! During my experience with my blog I’ve noticed that sometimes people are afraid of telling what they think about a product just because they don’t want to be “against the current” or because they don’t want to be “rude” to companies. I think that’s great to be different J
5) The last, but not least, is to accept advices and also negative comments. As everything else in life there will be always someone who dislikes what you do or that thinks different from you. My advice is to keep up with your blog anyway, don’t let critics discourage you! You can talk to people kindly and understand them even if they think different from you and have different opinions. You can learn a lot from them J
Can you describe your blogger voice or blog voice in three words?
Well, honest, Friendly and a little bit’ outside the box hahah J
Thanks so much for answering those questions. But I have one more questions. Where can people find you on social media?
You can find me on:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/miss.anthropymakeup/
I would really love to know what you think of this post in the comments down below. Till next time, bye. .
If you liked these tips and this post, please don’t forget to follow me on BLOGLOVIN’ , PINTEREST, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM