} -->

Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Double Meaning (Chapter Fifteen)

Everything in life has a double meaning. Like a coin with two faces. You just choose which face to see and you also choose which meaning to get.  We all get double meaning in this life from the moment we were created inside our mothers and these meaning change by every day in our lives. This time my double meaning is more complicated than ever. This time it is not just a coin, but more of a necklace of coins that is tangled together preventing me from seeing all the meanings I need and only making me see the faces what others making me see. The first face is my own survival in this country, but one the other’s face, it is helping criminals escape their justice, but my other’s face has a little coin within it with a double faces too, the first face is a criminal I am helping to escape, but on the other side, he might be the one person I have been looking for my entire life, the love of my life. He tells me that my own survival is tangled within all of the others coin and to see the entire coin and not just a face, I need to untangle the rest and find the faces that I should see, the faces where I have to trust him and be get not just my freedom, but all of our freedoms.   WAIT FOR A NEW CHAPTER EVERY THURSDAY ON societyfix.blogspot.com


Chapter Fifteen
Saturday
The door is open and I stop breathing for a second, just a second, till I hear the voice that send me to a calming spree. I open my eyes to find Marcus in front of me. I am so happy that he is here that my eyes swell with tears. “How did you get out? Gayla said that she only made the deal to get Alex out alone, not with you.”

Thursday
Gomez enters the room looking so disturbed. I don’t know if it is because I am in this case or because he has to deal with me being in this case.
He crunches down in front of me while Diego keep talking to him in Spanish. Gomez is not paying him any attention. He keeps looking all over me, studying every inch of my wounds and bruises. He finally makes a move, I flinched when I saw his hand coming near my face, but he doesn’t touch my face, he simply take the piece of cloth from my hand and hand it to Diego. He order him something in Spanish and Diego runs out of the prison entrance.
After Diego leaves, he just look at my feet where and his eyes linger on my heels, the broken one. Without permission he grabs my other leg and hold it a little higher firmly that I can’t move it not matter how hard I try and from my fear I cry. He doesn’t say anything to calm my fear. He just hold the heel of my shoes and break it so I get a flat shoes instead of heels with one shoe heel to be broken.
Sometimes I think that Gomez actually knows why I am here and what I am doing here. I could say that he knows that now I am faking my fear and cries, but how should he know? Gayla would have told me if she had anyone in here that could be help to us. I could even swear that my acting is not that bad that Diego acted upon it, but there is something not right with him. Maybe I am reading so much into this. Maybe he is just worried that I might say something to a higher authority or something.

“Can you walk?” He finally breaks the silence. I look at him and hesitantly nod. I don’t know what he is up to or what is he thinking about.
We went outside the prison building into the arena and then to the building on the far west in the arena where his office should exist. I walk in a small weak steps and he walks the same way, to help me. He didn’t let go of me the entire trip supporting my every movement. If I am honest I would say that without his help I wouldn’t be able to walk at all. We reach inside his office where Diego is there and Gomez set me down gently on the sofa in front of his desk. His office is so small and with the sofa, desk and two chairs in front of the desk and the cupboard in the side of the room you would think that it wouldn’t fit any humans being them, but some way it does right now.
Gomez crunches down on his knees next to me. “We can’t do anything to help you here!” He says to himself more than to me with so much guilt that is can actually kills me. 
“I know, I just want to go home.” I tell him quietly. I have got what I needed already. I can leave now.
“You also can’t go to a hospital. There will be too many question asked that can not be answered.” He states slowly trying to fill me in and to make me understand. “Is there anyone you know that would be able to help you… to get better?” He asks.
Gayla? I am not sure if she can help me. I am sure that she would be willing to help me, but can she? I honestly don’t know.
“That’s what I thought.” Gomez says as he took my silence as a negative answer. He mention to Diego who drops a first aid kit next to Gomez and stand there looking so scared. I must be looking really bad to get him to be scared like this. If I died now I don’t know how they would deal with me, but my guess it would be an undercover thing. I have read how they discovered hundreds of bodies in the Columbian prisons and that no one reported their death. I guess I would be the same here, someone who died that they can’t tell the world why I was here and how did I get in, in the first place.
“You can leave now Diego. No one is there on the entrance.” Gomez tells Diego and once Diego is out of side, Gomez start taking some things out of the first aid kits. He takes cotton and a bottle, my best guess is that it is alcohol to clean my wounds.

“I can’t do anything about the bruises and I can’t give you anything for them, all you can do is take pain killers and hope that they subtle the pain. I can only clean your wounds and scratches to prevent any infection you might get.” He says before he dips the alcohol dipped cotton to one of the cuts on my arms.
Shit this burns, even though my cuts are mostly scratches but salt to the wound is never a good combination.
“I already took a shower and cleaned them there, you don’t have to do this.” I take away my arms from under him. I already put soap on it, but the shock didn’t make me feel any pain, but now that I am coherent to everything that is happening, I can feel the pain more than ever.
“Okay, I don’t think I have to do this then. Can you drive back to your place or do you need someone to drive you there?” I would love to have someone to drive me there, but I have this fake address and everything, so if someone drove to a hotel that would just raise suspicious and now we are in a critical time.
“I can do it, don’t worry.”  I stand up and try to hide away any pain that I am feeling and any soreness that I am feeling from Gomez. I am afraid that he would insist on me taking someone to drive me and I really don’t know a good excuse to pass his offer.
Gomez helps me to walk down to my car and once I am in my car and start the engine, I get into my zone pushing away all the thoughts that I don’t want to think of and thinking of my plan and how to insure that is actually works.
I am startled when I hear a knock on the window and I look next to me and find that Diego is standing outside. I must have been standing there for a quite a time and they got worried. I fake a smile and nod to tell him that I am leaving now, but he knocks again and raise something on the window and find it is my bag. With everything that happened I totally forgot about my bag. I smile and open the window. “Thanks so much Diego. I totally forgot about it.”
“Don’t worry. I saw it when I went back to my desk and went to Gomez’ office to give it to you, but I found that you left already. I am just glad that I caught you on time.” And he does sounds glad. Diego is way too nice to be working in such a place. Gomez is standing behind Diego with this a frown on his face. He is either worried about me or worried that I would just record this to a higher personality and would send him all to hell.
I avert my look from Gomez and smile again at Diego. I start driving down the road. 


It is so funny how hard you work to set a plan, the plan turn into failure, but once you stop working so hard for it and go with the easiest simplest ideas it always turn into success. The reason why my previous ideas worked with Gayla is that I have never put too much thoughts in it. I just wrote what I thought was fun and what people may like, but when it came the case of my life and death, I went haywire and thought about perfect plan and didn’t find anything that would actually work. Today was different case.
 Today I had a moment of no mind at all. Nothing to lose moment because I have already lost everything, in this moment I had the clarity of a very simple plan. A plan that doesn’t require any additional effort or any additional expenses. It just requires me to take hold of the opportunities and use it to my advantage.
Gayla would think that I lost my mind and won’t believe that it is that easy to actually get in and get Alex out. She would want another plan, a well-structured plan, but I won’t give her anything else. I am sure that this plan would work like nothing else, but what I am not sure of, is my future. I don’t really believe that I would survive this thing. I don’t thing that I would have another day after Friday. As much as this thing scares me, as much as I am actually happy with it. I don’t really believe that I would be able to live in this world happily with what I have seen and what I have been through. I will never trust anyone and anything again. I will live much like a ghost, so my death doesn’t scare me as much as staying alive does.

I park the car in the hotel parking lot and head for my room. Gayla’s black car is already there. I have no idea how did she get my room key, but she got it way before I even know that she is after me. Columbia really suffers from safety issue. I don’t even know how the Columbians feel safe sleeping even in their home.
Once I am in my room I hear the shower is on. Good, I can have some time for myself then. I take of my clothes and my god, every muscle in my body hurts like hell. I can scream in agony. I try to stretch my back and arms a little bit, but they hurt even more. I go and stand in front of the mirror inspecting myself. My lips are cut, and my eyes look like shit from all the crying I have done this day. My neck has a couple of bite marks on them. I didn’t see this before, but now I can see it clearly and there is a hand mark on my neck from where they chocked me. My arms is covered with bruises that looks like finger from top to bottom, but they are not as severe as what I see in my chest. My chest is cut, bruised and bitten. No wonder Marcus didn’t want to fuck me or sleep with me today. I look down to my thighs and they are as worse as my chest, bruises, cuts and bite marks, you name it, I guess it will be on my thighs.


“What the fuck has happened to you?” Gayla almost screams. I look in the mirror and she is standing with a towel covering her. Her blond her is wet while my hair is dirty. If you compared both of us together you would get a north meets the south of something. I smile in the mirror “I finally had my time with Emanuel, but it was far from quality time.” I tell her in a sarcastic voice. 

8 comments: