} -->

Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Double Meaning (Chapter Seventeen)

Everything in life has a double meaning. Like a coin with two faces. You just choose which face to see and you also choose which meaning to get.  We all get double meaning in this life from the moment we were created inside our mothers and these meaning change by every day in our lives. This time my double meaning is more complicated than ever. This time it is not just a coin, but more of a necklace of coins that is tangled together preventing me from seeing all the meanings I need and only making me see the faces what others making me see. The first face is my own survival in this country, but one the other’s face, it is helping criminals escape their justice, but my other’s face has a little coin within it with a double faces too, the first face is a criminal I am helping to escape, but on the other side, he might be the one person I have been looking for my entire life, the love of my life. He tells me that my own survival is tangled within all of the others coin and to see the entire coin and not just a face, I need to untangle the rest and find the faces that I should see, the faces where I have to trust him and be get not just my freedom, but all of our freedoms.   WAIT FOR A NEW CHAPTER EVERY THURSDAY ON societyfix.blogspot.com

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I wake up trenched in sweat. It is no brainer since nightmare couldn’t leave me alone last night. These weren’t nightmares, these were memories of what happened earlier, mixed with what yet to come. I stop thinking and take couple of deep breath because I felt like my lungs are collapsing. After a couple of deep breaths I finally calmed down a little bit.
I look next to me and Gayla is nowhere to be found. I stretch myself to take a peek at the bathroom, but she is not there too. I look around the room and I find it spotless. No evidence of what happened last night. I can’t believe that I slept through all this. I guess that my brain didn’t want me to take break out of the nightmare.
It is not just my brain that doesn’t want to give me a break, but my body is literally killing me. Every single muscle couldn’t be anymore sore. I try to stretch myself, but it causes more pain than before. Ugh, I hate this. Thank god that I don’t have to go back today, because if Emanuel didn’t kill me himself, moving will do the job just fine.
I really don’t want to move an inch, but nature is calling me, badly. I run to the bathroom and answer the nature calls. After I finish I stand in front of the mirror to assess the situation. Actually it is not as bad as I thought it would be. Gayla’s magic really worked. I am still bruised, but it looks like it will fade sooner that it supposed to be. I wish she worked her magic on my sore muscles too. Actually she did buy me painkillers yesterday, a strong one, it explain the sleeping marathon I fell in last night. I wash my face and quickly in hope that I will go out, order breakfast, force myself to force it inside my body and then take the pain killers.
I wonder if Gayla will come before her men do. I wanted to tell her my plan alone at first. I wanted to convince her with its craziness before her men be there and start doubting the plan. I hope she comes back before they do.
I order breakfast and check my phone and find a missed call from mom. I call her back.
The call doesn’t last five minutes, as I am not really hearing what she is saying. I only say ummm and ahh. When mom asked me is everything okay, I said just having a headache and a cold. She left me alone and promised her I will sleep it away.
I lay on the bed arranging my plan and completing all the details that I left uncompleted before. My plan is now complete, I just need luck to be my friend tomorrow so it can work. My plan depends on luck more than anything else. If I translated the ingredient of my plan into percentage; it will be fifty percent luck, thirty percent negligence from their part and finally twenty percent efficiency and effectiveness from our part. Giving people plan that depends on luck more than anything else is bad, no one in their right mind would accept, I am counting that they won’t be on their right mind, because their deadline is closer and they will hold on to any thread they can find.
A knock on the door takes me away from my thoughts. I get up and open the door and let the room service guy gets in. I start eating my breakfast, I am not hungry at all, but I can bet that a strong painkiller like this demands me to eat something first. I hardly finish my French toast and take two pills. I lie back on the bed, and call Gayla. I want her to come alone. I want to discuss my plan alone with her and before the visiting hours are over so she can tell her plans to Alex and we all get ready for tomorrow.
“Hello!” She says over the phone. Her Russian accent is stronger than any other time I have heard her.
“Hey, Gayla.”
“Is there a problem Sansa?” She goes straight to the point, finished with being friends and returned to be work colleague again. I immediately start singing hot and cold in my mind, she really suits the song so much.
“I was wondering when you are coming so we can discuss the plan.” I answer her in a cold matching tone.
“We will come in an hour.” She adds, in a robotic way.
Shit. I want her alone. “Can’t you come earlier, probably alone so we can set a better guide line for your employee?” Please say yes. Please!
“My men won’t be here with me, but I will come with someone else in an hour, and Sansa?”
“Yeah.”
“It better be good plan.”
I didn’t get anything out of her phone call except that she will be here in an hour and she won’t be alone, but she in the same time they won’t be her men. So, who will be with her?  She wouldn’t bring someone to kill of course as she can do it all by herself and torture me as well. Again, she is the leader of strong group of men then she must be the best in what they do. Then who is with her?
I am starting to get worried and scared. I have never been as scared from Gayla as I was in the call. Maybe I was wrong with the deadline matter and maybe she will kill me if she didn’t like the plan. Maybe they won’t like the plan and will need another one and honestly, I don’t have anything else in my mind. I pull on my hair and let out a scream of agony.
Worry won’t do me a thing, I need to set up a plan. I still can’t run away from them and I can’t go to the police, because after what I have seen, I would rather Gayla kills me than to deal with snakes like the Colombian Police. The only way I have is to convince them with my plan, convince them that it will work, because the prison is not organized and they are doing wrong things, so they will be so easy to get into their brain and brainwash them. I know that this plan is going to work, but I just need to convince them it will.
I remember how Gayla always liked my plans at first when I was just putting them in a story. Maybe I could do the same with this one, write it down as fiction and hand it to her. I have always knew that my writings are way more effective than my speeches and more calculated, my writings are not lined up with fear, like my speeches so it has a better chance of being accepted more than me telling them the plan myself.
That’s it! That is what I will do, I will write it down as a short story and let them decide if it would work or not in my writing.
I get up from my bed and grab my laptop, open a blank page in my words and start pouring out the plan in details as if it were a short story.

I hear the door rattles and being pushed again and again as if someone is trying to open it. I locked it with the inner lock when I found myself alone in the room. I totally forgot about this. I look at my story one last time and it is missing something, but it is irrelevant, I have written my plan down and all is ready to go. This time there is a knock on the door.  I get up quickly to open the door for Gayla and the other guests.
I unlock the door and open it. I step back to allow them to enter. Gayla steps in first, wearing all black and her hair is pulled back into a sleek bun. Behind Gayla, steps in a very tall man, in a blue suit and a blond hair. I only see him from his side, but he looks handsome and young. I wonder who he is.
The man turns to me and holyshit, he is stunning. Aside from being the tallest man I have seen, except for Emanuel of course. He is blonde, really blonde. His eyes are blue, light blue. His beard is just a scrub, not a full length beard, but adding to his masculinity. Square jaw that give him edge in his look. His lips are pink. They spread and find him smiling a very proud smile at me. I smile back at him, but my smile feels hesitant and wary, shy of course.
“Miss Allam, delighted to meet you.” He says in a very thick Russian accent. Just like the one Gayla spoke to me in on the phone. He extend his hand to me, I take give him my hand for a shake, but instead he take holds of it and brings it to his lips and kiss it. His lips burns my skin. I blush from head to toe. I smile again at him. I don’t know what happened to my tongue, why am I not answering him? Is it fear or is it shyness.
He keeps smiling at me, like I am amusing him of some sorts. He takes the door from my hand and close it. Then he takes my hand and walk me down the room. I look at Gayla for some explanation, but I find Gayla already has my laptop on her lap and reading the plan. Her face is static, I can’t read it at all. 
“I am vlad Ivanov. Gayla’s boss.” I hear these words and feel the blood being drained from my face and not just my face, but my entire body. I keep looking at Gayla who is acting like she hasn’t been my friend yesterday. I feel air hitting my ear. “Breath Sansa.” It is like my body is listening to his words and submits to his desire, because my lungs open and take a big chunk of the air around me once he says the words. I swallow hard and turn to look at him. His face is so close to my face and his lips is close to mine.
He smiles again and straighten up and sit on the couch behind us. I didn’t even feel that we reached the couch till he sat there. “Please take a seat, Sansa.” Again with following his orders. I take a seat next to him, but with a fair distance between us, to protect myself from the dominance he seems to have on me.  I still haven’t said a word to him and I don’t think I will do any time soon. I might be as good as dead. If Gayla is acting like this near him, then I won’t get her support to my plan. He doesn’t seem like the type who would go with such a plan. I remember Gayla saying that he is a control freak and OCD, so I might be dead today. It wasn’t like that my chance of surviving is that high. I had less than fifty percent chance of dying before Gayla and her men saves me from it.
“You have to be wondering what I am doing here. I know this. I would be wondering the same, if I were in your shoes.” I turn to look at him. He is sitting head high on the couch. One hand draped over the back of the couch and the other one is on the arms of the couch. One of his legs is crossed over the other one. His position screams confidence, dominance. I have mixed feeling just looking at him. One part of me is looking at him with admiration and the other part is looking at him with fear from him.

“I have two options. One of my men is saying that you are going to bring us down and you will never be able to bring Alex out of the prison and this will mean that I will never have my time with Alex and actually work on my plans and then I have Gayla here telling me that you are the reason of many successful mission she has done. Of course Gayla lied to me and kept you in the dark for so much time, but why would I care as long the mission has been completed. I am just here to insure that by tomorrow I will have Alex in this room with us.”

6 comments:

  1. Is this from a book? Is this something you wrote?? This is intriguing!! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sweetie, this is a novel I have written, do you like it?

      Delete
  2. Where do you get your inspiration from when writing this? The details are so intense!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, you are the sweetest. I just go with the flow of my mind and creativity. Your comment really made my day.

      Delete
  3. Awesome blog, Loved your blog dear! Followed too :-* keep growing xx
    Laraib Form theconfidentgirlandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete