} -->

Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Double Meaning (Chapter Eighteen)

Everything in life has a double meaning. Like a coin with two faces. You just choose which face to see and you also choose which meaning to get.  We all get double meaning in this life from the moment we were created inside our mothers and these meaning change by every day in our lives. This time my double meaning is more complicated than ever. This time it is not just a coin, but more of a necklace of coins that is tangled together preventing me from seeing all the meanings I need and only making me see the faces what others making me see. The first face is my own survival in this country, but one the other’s face, it is helping criminals escape their justice, but my other’s face has a little coin within it with a double faces too, the first face is a criminal I am helping to escape, but on the other side, he might be the one person I have been looking for my entire life, the love of my life. He tells me that my own survival is tangled within all of the others coin and to see the entire coin and not just a face, I need to untangle the rest and find the faces that I should see, the faces where I have to trust him and be get not just my freedom, but all of our freedoms.


CHAPTER EIGHTEEN


“We have asked for a plan, Miss Allam, not a franchise of a bad mission impossible?” Gayla screams and I know that she would do this, because she is in front of her boss and my only chance of surviving is over. They would either kill me here and now or they would just wait for Emanuel to do so himself.

“Start thinking about another plan or else.” Yeah, I am a dead man walking.

“Listen, think about it. They are so guilty, they will let you in, they will believe that you are who you say you are, because you and your men are scary and the plan would work. I am sure.”  I try to argue with a weak argument.

“Sansa, this is not a plan, this is something based on luck. I don’t trust luck.”

“Show me!” Gayla and I look at the same time at Vlad. For some reason, everything about him send shiver down my body and from the look of it, it has the same effect on Gayla.

“It is just a fiction novel, nothing worth your time.” Gayla says. I don’t know if Gayla is doing this to help me, because she knows her boss and think he will kill me when he read it, or because it is so bad that she doesn’t think it is really worth his time.

Vlad stands up and heads to the bed and grab the laptop from Gayla. Gayla’s eyes go wide. Her reaction to him, makes me fear him even more.

We sits in silent and wait for him to finish reading, no one dares to cut him while reading. His face doesn’t show any reaction, whether he actually like it or hate it. I keep wondering all the time and by every passing seconds I get more anxious and afraid. I look at Gayla who is completely ignoring me and focused on Vlad himself. Her face shows fear. She once told me that we are in this together and if the plan is ruined, we both will die together.

After what seems like a century, finally he turns and look at Gayla.  “I think this might work. As Sansa said, they are doing things that are against every law in the human’s right and against world-wide laws so they will be afraid that they are doing something wrong and will actually let go of the people that are not Columbian’s, but the bad thing that you have to get everyone else out and I don’t want this on our shoulders. We are going to follow this plan, but we just demand Alex as he is a son of an FBI agent.” I am so stunned by his acceptance of this plan. I don’t understand how he could actually agree to something that is not as organized as all the plans he would actually like, saying that he is a control freak and all.

“Of course, we will set everything up.” Gayla says and stands up, she heads towards the door, but returns again. “May I have the laptop with me while I am discussing the plan with my men?” She asks Vlad and he immediately hands her the laptop.  After this, Gayla leaves without saying a word. She doesn’t even discuss the plan with me. She just leaves me with a dangerous man alone.
I take a deep breath to calm myself, it is not like the first dangerous man I have seen. I remind myself of what had happened yesterday and calm myself up that nothing would be worse than what already happened.

“You don’t need to be afraid of me. From what I have read in your book, sorry, plan, you are still important to us and it seems that Gayla made a deal with you that she will leave you to go if you managed to get Alex out.” He says and I don’t answer him. I don’t know how I should address him and if I should answer him in the first place. His words doesn’t seem to relax me at all. All it does is adding salt to the wound.

He sits straight and gets himself in a forty five degree angle to face me. He smiles a small smile at me. “Tell me again how you met Gayla!” He orders in a soft tone, but with an edge in it telling me that I need to answer him and that there is no getting out of it.

“I was searching for a freelancing job when I saw this job of finishing a story for someone in an exchange for money and that I don’t demand to see the book. I applied for it and submitted my story and the next thing I know that I get a lot of story finishing and beta reading offers from people and I took it as a job. But I usually see the end result of my work, but with this account that posted the first job I never saw my end result. I thought that this was weird, but when I asked the account about their reason they told me it is for a project that will not be published and I let it go, mainly because I really liked working with this account. They had the best stories to finish and they gave me huge amount of money to finish their story. The last story the account gave me was in Columbia and it inspired me to actually visit the country and I mentioned this to the account. Once I landed in Columbia and checked in the hotel, I found Gayla and she told me that everything in the stories really happened in real life and that they need my help to write a plan to get someone out of the prison. It was either working with her or dying and of course I chose anything that will keep me alive.” I said the story so fast without taking any breath while speaking. Once I am finished I inhale all the oxygen that I should have taken in the first place. 

“Mmmm.” The only answer I take out of him. I am taken back by his response. I finally stop to think why he did ask this question. Did Gayla tell him a story and he wanted to confirm it? I think so, but the question is, did I confirm it or did Gayla lie to him and told him another story and now he is suspecting Gayla. His lack of expression really bothers me. I shut up again choosing to remain silent than saying something that will ruin my only chance of Gayla really helping me to get out of here alive.

We sit in silence. I am not speaking and neither is he. I look at everything in this room except at him. I wonder what time it is and how much time passed, but I keep still not even reaching my phone. I feel a little bit uncomfortable and sore and want to take a pain killers badly, but also I refuse to walk and take anything. Instead I keep switching my weight from one side to another in a hope of relieving some of my pain away, but it is not working. The pain is increasing more and more every second, but my fear is bigger than my pain. I know that my fear is irrational, but I can’t seem to get over it. He already told me that he will not hurt me and that he still needs me, but there is a lot of things that he can do to me that doesn’t involve killing me.

I can totally feel his eyes on me. He doesn’t say anything about my movements or the grunt that escaped from me. I have a feeling that he is just doing this to see how far I can go. I remember Gayla’s words when she said that he torture people emotionally not physically. Maybe he is doing this to me. He put me in a situation where I am unsure of what’s next and fearing every single breath I am making.

I finally manage to force myself to look at him and read his expression or at least try to read it. I push my gaze to land on him. It takes a lot of will power to do so. He is sitting just like when he first got here. He is sitting with one leg draped over the other. Back relaxed on the couch. One hand is holding his ankle and the other one stretched on the back of the couch. He is looking at me intensely. I am sure that he is analyzing me and my every move. Trying to read my personality and unfortunately I am very easy to read.

That unless I do something to alter his thoughts on me. By now he must think that I am scared little girl that will do anything to survive death. I haven’t moved or spoke unless he actually asked me to. I can change this by simply doing everything that my normal self wouldn’t do.  I don’t really care if he does anything to hurt me anymore, the chances are that I would be dead by the same time tomorrow.
I start with a simple smile at him. He smiles back the same smile. He doesn’t show any alter in his thoughts, he is going with the flow and I sure can work with this. “I am going to order myself lunch, do you want anything?” I ask him with a confident voice. Something I learnt after all the acting I have been doing the last few days.

His smile gets bigger and broader. “I would love to have lunch with you. What do they have on the menu?”  Again going with the flow with such an emotional stability.

“I only know that they have got a great fried chicken plate. Wait here a second.” I stand up without taking his permission.  I head toward the bed stand and open the drawer and get the menu out for him. I go back and hand it to him “Why don’t you have a look yourself.”

“No, I will have the same plate as you would. Order this now with a bottle of Champaign. To celebrate our early victory” He says with the same smile he has on his lips. 

16 comments:

  1. Amazing chapter! ❤

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Your comment means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great chapter! I'm happy to see that things are working out well for her. Perhaps there is hope that she will get out of it alive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on my blog.I'm following you, now it's your turn

    Have a nice day!
    xoxo

    https://badassvampire.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. I will follow you back.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I checked your blog with the result: I like it! I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come back to my blog to follow me - then I will follow you immediately back.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot :D

    OMG so amazing text. You writte so well <3

    NEW PERSONAL POST | MY OWN BEAUTY CARE PLEASURES.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete