} -->

Thursday, February 9, 2017

The Double Meaning (Chapter Nineteen)

Everything in life has a double meaning. Like a coin with two faces. You just choose which face to see and you also choose which meaning to get.  We all get double meaning in this life from the moment we were created inside our mothers and these meaning change by every day in our lives. This time my double meaning is more complicated than ever. This time it is not just a coin, but more of a necklace of coins that is tangled together preventing me from seeing all the meanings I need and only making me see the faces what others making me see. The first face is my own survival in this country, but one the other’s face, it is helping criminals escape their justice, but my other’s face has a little coin within it with a double faces too, the first face is a criminal I am helping to escape, but on the other side, he might be the one person I have been looking for my entire life, the love of my life. He tells me that my own survival is tangled within all of the others coin and to see the entire coin and not just a face, I need to untangle the rest and find the faces that I should see, the faces where I have to trust him and be get not just my freedom, but all of our freedoms.


CHAPTER NINETEEN
I do the same as he asks. I order the food and a bottle of Champaign for him. I order diet coke for me and then sit silently on the bed.
I go through what I should be doing right now. I know that I should be waiting for Gayla to discuss these things together, to know what she discussed with her men, but if Gayla remain in the same mood she got here with, then we will have a big problem and I will not know what to do tomorrow and be in the same mood and plan together. God, that sucks. I really liked how Gayla and I were in the same mindset for the last few weeks, but now she is on a whole new level that I don’t know at all.
I feel the bed shift next to me. I look and see Ivan sitting next to me smiling a creepy smile. I smile a half forced smile back at him. “Why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself? To pass the time.” His accent is thick. Gayla doesn’t sound like him at all. She sounds almost normal, but him, he sounds so Russian.
“I bet you know everything about me.” I tell him, bluntly. It is true, I don’t think he needs to know anything about me because he already knows everything. He wouldn’t be someone everyone fears if he doesn’t know everything.
He laughs at my answer. “It is true. I know a lot of about you. I know things that you don’t know about yourself. I know things that Gayla doesn’t know that I know. Things that makes me want to know what you know about yourself. Not to mention that I am bored and I need something to pass the time.”
Fuck him and his smug creepy ass. I know everything about myself and my life. I bet that he doesn’t know anything that I don’t already know. Before coming to Columbia, I was the most boring person I have met to date. Something has to do with my shy self. Saying I know things that I don’t already know makes him creepy and he must be bluffing, because the only thing that I don’t know about myself is my future and last time I checked, he is not god.
I give him the fakest smile I can manage. “Once upon a time, there was a princess. She lived in a country far away from Russia, a country where everything is warm and the sun is always shining. A country of great history. The princess lived with her parents, the king and the queen. They kept her in a castle of glass. They feared her from the world that is full of witches and evil creatures. They kept her protected all the time. But the princess grew bored out of her life. She lived the same old day, over and over again. She hated it.” I pause and look at him. I see him watching me with a hint of a smile on his strong masculine features. I take a breath and decide to continue.
“One day, when the princess was walking by her private beach, she found something glistering from the sun. She got curious about it and then walked right to it. The glistering item turned out to be a bottle, but not just any bottle, but a bottle that contained a message. The princess knew that she shouldn’t touch the bottle herself and just hand it to her guards to inspect it. But for once, she wanted to see things her way, to see something from the outside world without it being filtered by her guards or parents, so she held it in her hand and then she opened it and took the message out. She opened it and started reading. Someone was asking for help, saying that he was imprisoned by evil person and he needed help. She ran to her parents and showed them the message. They told her that it wasn’t their problem and that they would tell the authorities about the message and that she should never open something without their permission again.
She listened to them at the beginning and was going to let this go and let them deal with her. But later that night she found her father talking to the police chief and the police chief told them that it is too dangerous to save him from that evil person. The princess went and begged her father to help this person, but he told her that it is too dangerous and they won’t do this. Then he asked her to go to her room and stay there.
The princess cried and cried in her room. Her kind heart didn’t want to leave that person in the prison, but she didn’t know how to help him. But she knew she had to try. She got up in the middle of the night, gathered some of her clothes and put them in a small carry on and went on her trip.”
A knock on the door stops me from finishing my story. I get up to open the door. But Ivan pulls me down again on the bed. “Then the prince tell the princess that she should sit down when there are men in the room.” I said fuck him right? Well, I am saying it again. The prince shouldn’t force the princess to do things that she doesn’t want to do in the first place.
He let the room service guy to enter and leave the food on the table. Ivan tips the guy generously in green money.
Ivan takes the chair out of the table and looks at me. I get up and sit on the opposite chair from him. He let a small laugh and sit down. “So, what happened with the princess?” He asks and I roll my eyes at him.
“She dies from the evil man.” I fire at him.
“Why? You seem the type of girls that loves happy endings.”
“I thought you knew me, not thinking that you know me.” I tell him.
“I am sorry, I am not following you.” He speaks like he is from the Royal family, not from mafia or whatever they call it in Russia.
“You said you know me, but then you said you thought that you knew me. I am just pointing out that if you knew me, you wouldn’t have said that you thought you knew me.”  I explain.
“You are something, aren’t you?” If you asked me this question a couple of days ago, I would have said no, but right now, I really do believe that I am something.
I don’t answer and start eating my meal.

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic post Dear:)
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Keep it coming.
    Have a great weekend.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the story within the story in this chapter. Really interesting! You really know how to keep your readers interested in what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, your comments means the world to me. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. thanks for your post! I enjoy reading it always (just wanted you to know I read)

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happy that you do. Thanks so much.

      Delete